Saturday, September 26, 2009

Here There Be...

...A NEW CASTLE!!

My deepest appologies to my devoted bloggies. In all honesty it wasn't my fault like I'd admit it if it was because I was under an evil witch's spell.

I fully intended to have this new palace up an functioning much sooner. However, for those of you who don't already know... it's been HELL the past few months.

  1. June 15th King (a.k.a. Dad) looked at a house, liked it, bought it.
  2. June 30th they closed on the house and officially became Kansans.
  3. About the same time, Prince Charming and I fell in love with the house of our dreams.
  4. The ensuing hell that followed that is ridiculous. (Yes on the loan... no on the loan... yes on a different loan... try for a better loan... revert to the original approval... hate loan officers, paper work... and you better damn well like this house because we're never doing this again!!!)
  5. While we greatly enjoyed the company of the King and Queen, July was a hectic month with trying to buy our own house and get them settled at the same time.
  6. Unfortunately, the chaos was short lived because the King took his leave of us July 30th.
  7. As you can imagine, on top of the house purchase, we were then overwhelmed with final arrangements and helping the Queen get her things in order like she ever has her head screwed on straight!
  8. I also had to give up the job I loved because it was too far of a commute from our new house. And frankly, we won't even get involved in that discussion. Yes, I'm happy I did it... no, I have not yet found an enjoyable replacement.
That being said, I'm hoping the blog world will forgive me for the extended break in blogging. There was much to blog about... but most of it involved foul words or sobbing tears. And while the cussing doesn't phase me... I'm not the sobby mushy type.
But that is totally besides the point I'm just making excuses for myself so you'll keep reading
The point is... I nixed the blog header competition for 3 very good reasons.
  1. There were only a handful of responses
  2. See 1-8 above
  3. I love the new layout.
That's really the side of my new house!! Don't believe me? Here's the pictures!!
And check out the footer... I saw that cartoon and had to redraw it. It's soooooo the Ogre Child! And some days... I so wish a dragon would EAT HER!!
That being said... I need to update my new blogroll... and there will be some new addtions as I progress on this... but I couldn't keep you waiting any longer okay, I could... but how mean would that be... I'm not that much of a BITCH!
So leave me a comment so I can add you to the blog roll and we can return to some sort of blog-normalness...
Yeah, I know... that's a paradox... I don't believe I've met a single NORMAL person in blogland... but that's why I like you all so much!!


2 comments:

Granny Nanny said...

Very nice! You have such creative talents!!!

Christi said...

Love love love the look of your new home. It's been a long 3 months without you! :)

Disclaimer

BEWARE OF DRAGON: She is poorly fed and often tormented. Chances are you looked tasty from the minute you set foot on the blog. Keep your distance and do not provoke her. The Princess refuses to be held responsible for the consequences of your own stupidity. Dragons have sharp teeth and you taste good with ketchup!!